Life insurance is a simple answer to a very difficult question: How will my family manage financially when I die?
It’s a subject no one really wants to think about. But if someone depends on you financially, it’s one you cannot avoid. In the event of a tragedy, life insurance proceeds can:
- Pay for funeral costs
- Help pay the bills and meet ongoing living expenses
- Pay off outstanding debt, including credit cards and the mortgage
- Continue a family business
- Finance future needs like your children’s education
- Protect a spouse’s retirement plans
In this section, you’ll find information and interactive tools to help you get a sense of how much and what kind to buy, plus information about how different life events—such as having children or buying a home—can affect your insurance needs.
If you’re ready to consider purchasing, there’s advice for finding and working with an agent, and an agent locator search engine to help you find a qualified insurance professional in your area.pdfDownload the life insurance guide questionWhat's next? Do you need life insurance?Learn what types of people need life insurance and why it is so important.