Life insurance is a simple answer to a very difficult question: How will my family manage financially when I die?
It’s a subject no one really wants to think about. But if someone depends on you financially, it’s one you cannot avoid. In the event of a tragedy, life insurance proceeds can:
- Pay for funeral costs
- Help pay the bills and meet ongoing living expenses
- Pay off outstanding debt, including credit cards and the mortgage
- Continue a family business
- Finance future needs like your children’s education
- Protect a spouse’s retirement plans
In this section, you’ll find information and interactive tools to help you get a sense of how much and what kind to buy, plus information about how different life events—such as having children or buying a home—can affect your insurance needs.
If you’re ready to consider purchasing, there’s advice for finding and working with an agent, and an agent locator search engine to help you find a qualified insurance professional in your area.pdfDownload the life insurance guide question What's next? Do you need life insurance? Learn what types of people need life insurance and why it is so important.